Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You have to fight! For your right! To pottttty!

I still stand by dilation schmilation and that bladder stuff is worse. Seriously, it is...and Dr. Meltzer today confirmed it.

On the bright side he tells me I've passed the 24 hour stretch and more or less will be ok in the long run.
On the brighter side, I know exactly what the problem is. There's basically blood/scabbing blocking the flow from being any semblance of normal.

What sucked was I had to push HARD at first, and still have to push...not as hard, but I'm still pushing harder than I ever needed to for over two-dozen potty-capable years as a pre-op, so that should give you all an idea of how much it sucks. And I've had bladder issues pre-op before.

One other thing I learned: Literally, you have to fight to be able to pass liquids or get the catheter back on. The nurses told me not to push -- WRONG. Meltzer tells me a good percentage of his clients should and need to push at first, and it gets easier over time.
Just some words of wisdom, I'm glad I'm such a defiant individual sometimes...

On a side note, I started douching today. I'm quickly learning to find the opening of the vagina blind so I can get douching done as quickly as possible. It's not too hard really, I already know where to locate it with dilation so I know how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment