Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wow. I forgot to describe my room/myself.

Some diaryblog writer I am!

So lets see...
  • There's a clock on the wall directly across from me.

  • To the right of me is a device that automatically takes my vitals every so often. My bags and the table + windows are also there.

  • To the left of me are more vitalreading devices, plus some supplies primarily for the nurse and tech. My IV is also over there.

  • My bed itself is pretty comfortable. It leans more toward firm than soft, and while I tend to prefer soft, it's more or less just fine. There's buttons to control its position, as well as littler stuff like music and lights.

  • The bed also has remotes tied in for TV, painkillers, paging the staff, and telephone.

  • I still have the leg compressors that got put on me pre-operatively. Every 30 seconds one is compressed, then the other 30 seconds later, etc and I think it feels pretty cool, though I know other people sometimes don't like it.

  • I seem to be wearing some kind of compresser or something to surround the breast area. I don't know if it ties to the bed or anything, I haven't tried to get up or anything. (I'm not supposed to)

  • As for the vagina area, it's the direct opposite. I just have some blankets on top of it, and of course the catheter is in there, and that's about it.

  • As for the rest of me, I have some funny little bear paws socks on which I get to take home, and I have various things draped upon me. One's like this sky blue hospital gown thingie, there's a fairly heavy blanket, etc. On my thumb is something clear plastic and attached to some opaque white line that says NELLCOR MAX-A and there's some red light contained within. I don't know what it's for. Have the IV in of course. My left arm has my name tag and list of allergies. Apparentl it's best to get these as loose as possible, like it might swell after surgery? I didn't get any swelling myself though...


Greenbaum's a great facility and all the staff has been very nice. I can strike up a conversation pretty easily for someone with a sore throat!

No comments:

Post a Comment