Wednesday, April 1, 2009

T-plus 1d 9h. Trippy sensations.

So anyone who's done 5 minutes of work on the vaginoplasty procedure knows that everything just gets remapped, if you want to oversimplify it. I consider the procedure to be astonishing, there's so much detail that goes into the procedure and I've seen enough results pictures to be in awe of how much detail goes into Dr. Meltzer's work in particular.

That said, I'm experiencing the weird, trippy feelings of sensation returning. I can actually identify a couple the nerves that have been moved around. I can already tell I have sensation back in the clitoris because I'm feeling what my mind once could instantly identify as the glans. (tip of the penis) The weird thing is where it's coming from. It's so used to being higher that my body doesn't yet know how to fully recognize it being at its lower position, so it's kind of broadcasting from both locations. I imagine the glans being out for a couple dozen years, my brain is probably trying to correct what it thinks is an inaccurate signal. A little from the old type position but mostly from the new position. If I hover my hand over the old position, that sense from my body goes away because it realizes my hand -and- the glans clitoris can't be there simultaneously.
Also, after I hovered the hand there the "ghost" feeling weakened considerably. I think that's helping my brain become accepting of the permanent change.

That's just so trippy. I'm sure it'll correct itself soon enough, but I'm misidentifying other areas as well, like the shaft. It doesn't feel like an erection like some have claimed to feel after surgery, it just feels really stretched out. From a nerve standpoint, I can tell the erectile tissue and the shaft skin apart so I can make the distinction easily.

I'm amazed I can feel all this stuff so soon. Wow. Maybe it's because I have lots of hypersensitive nerves to begin with? (i.e. ticklish)

About 30 minutes later, and seems like my brain is finally starting to process more below-ground location signals, which means it's adjusting to the changes. I still expect it to be hugely skewed by the packing, with the below-ground and crushed/stretched feelings probably overlapping. This is pretty cool.

An hour or so later, still fixating on the sensations. It's funny how they resemble some of my dreams. The vividness of my dreams fall into a range which can sometimes include tactile sensations, most typically the waking dreams, which I'd been inducing by setting my alarm clock early. Some of the early sensations actually do resemble those in the dreams, though in the dreams everything was perfect, my brain didn't need to adjust.

About two hours later, having trouble sleeping because of said sensations. They seem to be mingling with the motion caused by the leg compressors, which is stimulating the area a little and making it hard to sleep.
Just something to consider, though it seems most people don't get sensation back this early...

No comments:

Post a Comment