Thursday, April 9, 2009

Left Greenbaum, and "number one" improvement at last

I'm going to admit it -- I freaked out last night. With the onset of my 4th headache in 7 days (!) and still having potty problems, I just completely lost it when I realized I forgot to bring my Arnica (swelling reducer) and cried more liquid than I could expel distally in one setting. The weight of everything just collapsed on me.
Though one cool thing before I rant: I left Greenbaum a day early and got around $480 back. Woohoo!

This recovery phase has really been eating at me. The notion of being handicapped for so long is hard for me to bear. Last night, I went shopping with my SRS buddy who had her labiaplasty done two days prior. It was me who was getting tired and wanted to go home first. I'm not used to that, I'm used to being active and healthy and going on 5-6 hour shopping sprees in San Francisco and not regretting it in the morning. My good health is as much a part of me as being trans. I've vigilantly lived an active lifestyle for years. I've been weak before -- once so much that I had serious trouble walking back during my agoraphobia days. I added daily exercise so that I'd never be like that ever again.
Maybe I'm being a drama queen? But being weak is really depressing. I'm not as bad now as I was in said agoraphobia days but back then I never left the house so...
One funny thing about being essentially handicapped is I feel less guilty using the handicapped stall in bathrooms. The ones in Scottsdale Mall's food court area are great. Not only lots of room/privacy, but they have paper towels/sink in the stall, and those paper towels were great for blocking my out of control spray. :/

About 30 minutes ago I finally got major improvement with my number one problem. (pun intended) I still had to push a little hard but for the most part it came out straight, and the pushing required wasn't that bad. Please, please let that improvement stick around and, dare I say, improve some more. :/

Now another thing that's kinda depressing me is the vagina, though I've upgraded that from Stumpy McCupid a few days ago to Swelly McWTF. Seriously, it's in a WTF shit stage right now. I'm not TOO concerned because Dr. Meltzer says it's fine and I trust his judgment more than anyone's, and it looks like other day 8-9 post-op pictures I've seen, but it doesn't look like a normal vagina yet. Recovery sucks. When it's all over it'll be totally worth it, but right now...
Gah.

All that aside, the one other problem I have to face now is finding some clothes that are work-friendly yet not too different from what I wore pre-operatively. As a software engineer in a liberal silicon valley company, my options are plenty but too much of a change would draw too much attention to myself. This is tough because I wore jeans a lot, and I'm told to expect swelling for some time. I'm particularly concerned about nipples outlines in my clothes because I can't wear a bra. I wonder if there's any alternative (i.e. pasties with weak adhesive) that'd work...

hours later update: Ok. Bladder problems are back. Could it be because of the asprin/acetaminaphen I took this morning for the headache? I actually made progress briefly then lost it after the headache stuff kicked in.
Damnit. I'm sick of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment