Thursday, April 9, 2009

Guinea pig

I freaked out again. Being a perfectionist in this situation is not good. I'm on day 9, I'm walking around the mall and I feel that gravity feeling, where there's kind of a pull in the midsection. Then I go to the bathroom later and could swear my labia's lower than it was before, and it was already droopy and weird. (but also normal if you compare to day 8/9 post-op pics)
(later edit: Though on the other hand, it seems to close when I stand straight now, which is what a labia should do ultimately, but is it supposed to on day 9? it's a bit of a complication because there's barely any opening for distal purposes either...so much extra skin right now it's closed when I'm sitting straight too...)
(even later edit: Yes, I fully admit to overreacting now. I think the illusion was brought on by the position of the toilet seat and the position I sit in public stalls is different. Sigh. :P )

Before I continue, I'm making the following declarations:
I am neurotic.
I am a perfectionist.
I have a culturally warped view on how the ultimate (post LP) result should look.
I do not operate on faith.
I am a drama queen to some degree.

This uncertain period is utter torture for me. Being aware that my actions now could have long term ramifications and not having a roadmap is utter torture for me. I need this to go right. I don't want to be a freak.

So since the kind of resource I need doesn't exist, I've decided to be the local guinea pig. I've already taken some progress pics but I've decided to take one picture per day to catalogue my progress in greater detail than what's out there already.
No, I'm not going to post them publicly. Nor will I ever release them in a format that I can't control the distribution of, but I'll have it on hand for others in real life to be able to see, and get a sense of progression. (even though it's different for everyone) Plus maybe I'll learn something from having this.
Neurotic perfectionist faithless drama queens in the bay area rejoice! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment