Tuesday, April 7, 2009

T-plus 7d 6h. Dilation schmilation, bladder stuff SUCKS.

I'm in hell.

The bladder stuff has turned out to be the worst of everything.
This morning around 10pm I spent an angonizing painful fruitless hour trying to get anything to pass. Yeah, the normal problem isn't liquid passing too easily, it's getting liquid to pass at all.
It wasn't until I called the nurse hoping for advice when she came and dropped the C-bomb, and I'm not referring to the 4 letter one. My heart sunk and I asked for some anti-anxiety meds. I was pretty freaked out by then. After she left, I don't know what happened but some semi-involuntary convulsing was happening in the area under my stomach and a little liquid finally did pass. I wasn't able to reproduce this so I resorted to my base instincts: Push. I pushed hard and after 20 minutes I emptied my bladder.

Of course, then I learn this isn't good enough and I have to show improvement or Mr. Catheter comes back. So a little over an hour later I went again. Still had to push but not so badly. I'm not out of the woods yet.

I'm really nervous about this. :( I don't know if the blockage is a clot, muscular, or just anxiety-related...

No comments:

Post a Comment