Sunday, April 12, 2009

Challenges of everyday life

Well, I tried preparing for this before I left and it didn't go so well. Aside from completely misestimating the amount of space I'd need (and losing even more of it because a roommate moved a bunch of his clothes into my room...) I didn't have all the supplies I'd need.
Though for obvious reasons I cleared out my food before going on vacation, so I had to replenish that as well.

Protein bars(which I'd have 1xday preop anyway), yogurt, OJ, and various fruits were among my latest purchases. Related to dilation and the endless blood spotting -- a 12 pack of Brawny and 3 packs of thin pads. I spent $100 in groceries today. I usually don't buy so much in one sitting but I won't feel like shopping as frequently as I used to so I stocked up.

Getting around post-op is a real chore. My old cheap car is biting me in the end because it has poor shocks and the seat is not soft. PAIN as I drive to the bank a couple blocks away. I had to use an old winter coat in my trunk as a cushion for until I get something a little less unsightly. Getting in and out of my car comfortably looks like a contortionist's act. I'm now designating myself as a WTFcripple, because while some muscles and joints are perfectly healthy and capable, other muscles and joints are irritated, inflamed, and weak. That contrast is going to make me look very weird, because I know precisely where I need to take it easy and where I don't.
I also need to figure out a way to wear my old clothes with the no-bra rule. I'm thinking of chopping up my old bras and finding a way to wear the cups but not the binding. (which is the problem)

No comments:

Post a Comment