Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to work

Just about three weeks later, I'm back to work. It actually feels good. Aside from the fact I like my job, being disconnected from the real world for too long is just weird. Getting back to various routines in my life feels a bit surreal. Work was pretty much okay -- I have a desk job and sitting in my chair felt fine for about 5 hours, then I went out and bought something soft for the other 3.
I also find that I should probably just ditch the Oxycodone. It's a painkiller and I'm not really in enough pain to justify it, and taking it in the morning just makes me a zombie around 12-1pm. (after which I'm fine)

As far as dilations go, I think I've finally outgrown the #1. I've changed to three-a-day extended sessions of 30-45 minutes. I apply Bacitracin outside for morning and midday, and inside for evening. The worst is the midday one. I live close to work but still, roughly 8 hours working, 30 minutes usually between end of session and getting out the door, and 15 minutes per way travel, so 9 hour difference. In spite of that, I don't really need the #1 anymore. I slowly work the 2T in, takes 5-7 minutes, leave for a few minutes, then do the 2 for the remainder of the session. The hard part with the 2 is getting it to full depth. I wasn't able to until today's midday session. Maybe this weekend I'll graduate to the #3. Everyone's been telling me to move up ASAP, that my skin is more pliable this early on, so I'm going to take their advice. I'll post about how well that goes.
Oh, and one more dilation note: Getting to max depth with the #2 is still quite a challenge, but it'll be worth it in the end. I guess this is why I hear about so many people losing depth in their dilations. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to get #2 from the 4th dot to the 5th and final dot.

Finally, I should mention that by no means have I been forced to sacrifice my life over this. Just yesterday I went to an amusement locale with a friend and rode a couple roller coasters and other mid-tier rides. As long as the ride doesn't pressure my midsection, I'm fine. The bouncy roller coaster was a bit annoying though. I had an 11 hour dilation that day, but no sweat doing the 1-2T-2 thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment