Thursday, April 2, 2009

T-plus 2d 5h. Going Mobile.

I haven't eaten much today but I'm out and about a lot now. My appetite is more or less lost for most if not all of today because of my headache. Headaches do that to me oddly enough. The perkeset seems to be working decently enough. My normal meds for headaches works better and I got the green light from Dr. Meltzer to use it (it has Asprin) so if I get another while I'm still in the hospital, I'll have some relief.

The lower hypersensitivity seems to have subsided a lot. I'm not sure what was up with that. My body's making nice headway in terms of handling the considerably remapped and irritated nerves. It probably would have performed better overall if sensation started trickling in slowly like with for most people. The pain seems to be subsiding and it's considerably more pleasant now. I slept pretty soundly last night.

On another note, it seems I have a neighbor. I haven't met her yet but considering Dr. Meltzer does SRS surgeries on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, I'm not surprised. I'm pretty bored right now so I hope to get a chance to meet her.

So here are my mobility limitations, bearing in mind I'm 2 days post-op SRS and breast augmentation: (personal observation, NOT an official list)
  • Obviously, too much streching out the legs is off limit. The vagina is sutured shut, I even joked with Dr. Meltzer it doesn't seem quite anatomically correct. ;) Spreading is asking for trouble.

  • I can pull pretty well so long as my midsection isn't the anchor.

  • I have to push monkey style, with closed palms and knuckles facing whatever's being pushed. For whatever reason, traditional pushing puts too much pressure on the breasts.

  • Donut is helpful when not sitting on the bed, but I sit best if a little bit leaned over, between the legs slightly raised.

  • I can bend in fairly well, I start feeling discomfort if I'm bent in at an angle of 40 degrees or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment