Sunday, April 5, 2009

T-plus 5d 8h. Parole for good behavior?

Hehe. :P

So I saw Dr. Meltzer again today and it seems like I may be able to get out early because my healing is going well. The cool thing is there's $500 in it for me if I do, apparently that's what it costs me every day to stay at greenbaum. I have to say, that's really tempting. There's a lot I could buy with $500. I know I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe, and I could get 5 decent Macy's tier outfits for that. My clothes are just jeans and tops that look very nipply if I don't wear a bra.
As I've mentioned many times, I can't wear a bra for THREE MONTHS after surgery! Three months!
It makes sense though. Boobs are weird immediately after surgery. I'm wearing a brace intended to push them down, whereas a bra exists to support them from below. The combination would suck.

But another thing is for so long I've desperately felt like I needed a change, and with something big like this I may as well change other things I've wanted to as well. I've never had the time to do it before, nor the inclination because I felt so down as a pre-op.

I also got the re-re-re-re-reassurance from Dr. Meltzer that I'm healing just fine. Even though I've been taking pictures, and no I'm not going to be posting them here, but I look at the vagina's progress from day 2 to day 5 and it is not reassuring. THIS IS IMPORTANT for those of you going into this. You have to realize it's going to be a long time before it looks right. I prepared myself for it to look wrong and now I know it's going to look wrong for probably a couple months. All swollen and extended, but it'll unswell/retract and look right over time -- no longer looking like a pre-op scrotal tuck.

And yeah, I know a number of pre-ops who have expressed interest in buying intimates and such after surgery. Take it from me: No. Haha. Expect to buy much cotton for awhile, and expect to throw much of it out when you can't get the blood out anymore. Pads can only do so much. Recover ain't pretty, luckily I never really expected it to be.

And a direct quote from Dr. Meltzer, "if something was to go wrong, it would go wrong during surgery."

No comments:

Post a Comment