Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dilation and Douching, a how-to

I've made a new "information" category for things like this, to separate this from the more stream-of-consciousness nature of the rest of the blog.
Note that this information is simply intended to supplement the information provided by Dr. Meltzer. Your mileage may vary with some of these tips.

Dilation
Now that I've been doing it for a few days, I've more or less come up with a system to get it done with minimal mess, and minimal walking around bottomless. :P My next project is to figure out a way to dilate in the bathroom (I will have to in a few days) but here's my bedroom method.
PREP: Be sure to empty your bladder and bowels before dilating, otherwise dilating may trigger either and you'll have to interrupt the session with a potty break 3-5 minutes into your session. I actually time my liquid intake to ensure I'll be able to go around dilation time.
1. I'm using paper towels because chux pads are hard to find. I initially set up a layer of 2-long and 4-deep (8 total) full-sized paper towels. On top of that, in the center, I add another layer of 7 deep (7 total) full-sized paper towels. For me, this is enough to keep the blood from reaching the sheets. You may need less or more based on how much you bleed and the absorbency of the paper towels. (I use store-brand) Here's what it looks like for me right before I dilate:
Click for full size (hosted by TinyPic)
2. On the side of that, I set down one more paper towel and put all my dilating equipment on it in advance -- the mirror, lube, bacitracin for the 3/4 daily sessions I need it, and the dilator(s) necessary for said session. I also include a sanity napkin (pad) for convenience.
2.5. Optional step, but this is when you'll want to prepare your entertainment. Either put a book by your side or try something like Hulu. Sites like Hulu are why having a laptop is awesome. :D
3. I strip, aligning my derriere with the edge of the 7x1 layer of paper towels, then start dilating.
4. When I'm finished dilating, I make sure the dilator is on the 7x1 layer of paper towels. In total I get 11 layers of paper towels protecting my bed, but the discharge from the vagina is what sinks the deepest and is why I need all those layers. I wait for a few minutes because that's how long it takes for the majority of discharge to happen.
5. I take the pad out of its wrapping, then use that one paper towel on the side. I lift my midsection up and hold that paper towel under myself as I maneuver out of bed, then I put my clothes on with the pad. Doing this prevents any blood from dripping (and it will) in the interrim.
6. Once dressed, I clean the dilator and then dispose of the dirty paper towels. My bed and the surroundings show no signs of my dilating session.

Douching
This one's way easy. What I do is...
1. At the end of my shower, I switch from shower to faucet, make sure it's providing warm water, and fill up the bottle Dr. Meltzer provided to 60cc's, which is the same size as the syringe-type thing provided. (there is no "douche bag")
2. I add the drops of soap Dr. Meltzer provided to the bottle, close, then shake up the bottle.
3. I fill the syringe-type thing to 60cc's using the bathtub faucet. You must do this with the extender in place, though it won't go to the 60cc line because the extender holds about 8-10cc.
4. I easily find the vaginal opening (seriously, learn to find it without the mirror), insert all the way up to the blocking muscle and then slowly push down on the "syringe".
5. I rinse the bottle out, then fill up the bottle as much as I want. (it doesn't matter since I'm not mixing anything)
6. Repeating 2x, I fill the "syringe" to 60cc's with just water, insert, and slowly push down on the "syringe". That's it, it's that easy. Only takes a couple minutes and I'm not freezing my butt off because the warm water keeps the area around me warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment