Thursday, April 2, 2009

T-plus 2d 3h. I'm hurting like hell right now.

No euphemisms or cultural references. I'm just hurting like hell right now. I started moving around a few hours ago and had bowel movements twice including the first time I got up and 20 minutes later. I can tell solids and gases apart no different than I could pre-op, which is great...but three in an hour...which is not so hot. Catheter plugging has begun and I'll be releasing that in 25 minutes. The short of catheter plugging is it involves sticking a plug into the part of the catheter that's normally connected to the tube. Leave it in for 1-2 hours letting your bladder fill and then take out the plug and reattach the tube. I'm nauseus and I've completely lost my appetite, partially because I don't want to be expelling food all day long. But the real reason is my headaches, which only go away with this one cocktail substance that contains Asprin, can't be healed because of the ban on Asprin. Today is going to be very, very miserable.

Though getting a little independance back is nice. I still need help getting up otherwise I have sharp pains in the vag area.

No comments:

Post a Comment