Friday, April 3, 2009

T-plus 3d 1h. Headaches gone, sutures and drains removed, off to explore...eventually.

So the headaches are gone. I'm not really ashamed of yesterday's blogs. That's how I feel every week I can't cover up my headaches with Excedrin. Untreated they just more and more unbearable. I had to do tough out three of them pre-op but didn't blog about it. Never again! Getting the OK for Asprin this week means I never again have to avoid covering them up. WooHoo!

Another bit of good news is the drains and more painful sutures have been removed. You know, those sutures that prick you when you try to sit down? Good riddence. Donut wasn't helping much yesterday because of that, and I often prefered to stand or walk in circles.

I've gained some exploration rights, and I'm going to use them. Until my SRS buddy gets here tomorrow I'm going to be bored, so I'm going to use google maps to find places to go. I guess this means the first time wearing normal clothing as well. There's some interesting rules with exploration:
- You must take pain meds 3 hours before going out.
- No operating/driving of vehicles. (no shock there)
- You cannot be away from the facility for more than three hours. Exact words "If you fail to return to the Facility within this time period your absece shall be considered a discharge and you will not be readmitted."

I haven't decided where to go yet but I have three hours to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment