Wednesday, April 1, 2009

T-plus 1d 5h. I can has teddy bear. :D

I just saw Dr. Meltzer for the first time since surgery. Well, technically the second time. The first time I was taken off the gas, surrounded by several people in a hallway or something, woke up with memory unexpectedly. That doesn't really count because I was so disoriented though!

So first I just confirmation that no skin grafts were used. No shock there, since I knew where they'd come from anyway. I forgot to ask the depth, d'oh! It had to have been at least 4.5 inches since that was the cutoff I gave for skin graft.
Another funny thing is even though he knew from my September consultation that I had the orchie done, I said on Monday that I didn't have surgery done before. Whoops. I guess my mind was on surgeries that involved general anesthesia. Haha.

I just got my breasts unwrapped. I ended up getting 400cc's. They look really swollen, raised, and weird right now. Dr. Meltzer showed me how to massage them properly. The goal is to ensure that the implants set properly. Massaging is pretty easy, it just involves squeezing them together then gently (but firmly) pushing down on them 2-3x, 3x per day. Also, I'm wearing some wrap that pushes the implants down. Right now they're really high.
Nipples are numb right now, but it was an areolar implant so I'm giving it time.

As for the vagina, still haven't gotten a full peek yet but it seems the nerve endings are doing well. In my pre-op consult I was ticklish down there. When Dr. Meltzer inspected it just now, it was still ticklish. Definitely a good sign! I won't be able to say anything about inside until the packing is removed and I start dilating.

Oh and I got A TEDDY BEAR! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment