Friday, April 3, 2009

T-plus 3d 6h, a wave of self-reliance, self responsibility.

I'm about to really explore for the first time post-op, but I've also been hit by a wave of feeling that it's time to be more self-reliant and self-responsible. The nurses and staff didn't bring it on, I just never liked me seeing myself as a dependent. It brings out the worst in me, and...well then there's all the stuff that comes along with being dependent. It sucks.

So I'm doing even little things like getting up and walking around the bed to pick up the phone, meeting staff half-way, cleaning up my own dishes, plus restarting mundane tasks like doing my hair and make-up. It's nice to see those dark circles disappear again. (now if I could make them disappear permanently, that would be great!) I already feel gobs more capable than I did yesterday, and it's a wonderful feeling. I'm an energetic person by nature, to not be sucks as much as being a pre-op did.

Got more flowers today, those who sent them read this blog so I send my love back to them. <3 {{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

Speaking of gifts, I still need to name this teddy bear. I'm terrible at naming things though, help!

No comments:

Post a Comment