Tuesday, March 31, 2009

T-plus 15 hours. Routines and swelling.

First of all, the swelling. Right now, my breasts are very very swollen. I.e. swollen to around D levels I think. At first before the technician informed me it was swelling I was a little concerned but I won't really know how they'll flesh out for awhile.
The vag is quite swollen too but I knew to expect this. With all the packing, bruising, swelling and everything it doesn't feel all that different from the penis, though clearly the majority of erectile tissue is gone. It's just like the orchie in a way. The swelling is a bit of a mindfuck. Like "oh my god nothing's changed yet" haha.

There seem to be a few routines going on. Obviously the catheter needs to be drained. There's also two drain locations where blood is removed every so often. I'm still on strict bedrest and haven't done so much as change my position yet. I need to take in a lot of fluids or else my Urea consentrations will be too great. Then there's the whole hourly breathing exercise I mentioned befor. I have to get my IV with painkillers replaced every so often it seems, last was about 15 minutes ago. There's also an automated taking of my vitals every 30 minutes or so. My Scottsdale buddy told me it wasn't automated for her. I guess getting this done so late had some little perks.

Oh and it seems my arm mobility has improved considerably. I'm not making all the stupid typoes I was this morning, and I'm way less tired.

1 comment:

  1. slowly but surely better with eaxh day
    :-)

    ReplyDelete