Sunday, March 22, 2009

T-Minus 9 days. Can't sleep, clown'll eat me.

So apparently it's common for some amount of nervousness and anxiousness pre-surgery, and I'm getting it in some annoying ways. During the day all is fine and dandy. Night's not so great, though, and I think it's because I've never had major surgery before. A part of me is really worried about something going horribly wrong. (almost entirely being dying on the operating table and not being able to pee properly) Though one mildly scary thing is people say they don't even dream with anesthesia. It's like they're a machine being switched off and on. It's a tad freaky to think about. I don't think any amount of coaxing will make me not worry about this until I'm awake and functioning properly. So at t minus 9 days I'm officially in insomnia mode. I've had it for a couple days now and I expect it to be worse. I'm age 7 and every night from here until the big day is Christmas Eve. I don't expect to sleep a wink the night before. I know myself too well.

It would be a relief if somehow I could get bumped up another week, even though it'd also completely destroy my travel and work plans. Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment