Tuesday, March 31, 2009

T-minus 30 minute. Last pre-op experiences.

Put together from memory because I didn't have access to anything to write or type with after my last blog:

I arrived at Greenbaum at about 5:30am. I got a few od my bags dropped off a=on the second floor and went back down. The series of ecents are as follows:
- Filled out paperwork
- Went to a checkup room and had some tests don.e
- Went to the patient beds. A nurse asked me some questions. I also got the IV inserted. My veins are a little small so the nurwe had to place the IV higher in my arm, pretty much the same place where I typically give bllod. I also got these leg compressor things attached.
- Then the anesthesiologist arrived and we chatted it up a little. He's quite a nice guy. If I recall correctly this is when he gave me the injection to minimize oral secretions. My mouth got really dry within 20 minutes.
- Nurse came back and I took a couple pills. One was an oral painkiller. (Celebrex) I forget what the other was.
- Dr. Meltzer finally arrived. We had a nice little chat.
- Finally I got the knockout IV injection. I went out fast. Continued in the next blog. :Do

No comments:

Post a Comment