Sunday, March 29, 2009

T-minus 1d 20h. Off I go, into the wild blue yonder!

sLast night had to have been the longest night ever. I had some major time stretching this morning at 6am. Between 6:00 and 6:05, it literally felt like 30 minutes passed, containing waking dreams and other experiences. If only we could harness this and effectively stretch out our lifespans, but alas it just comes along when it's most annoying.
I was seriously worried when I saw 6:05 on my clock that I'd somehow slept through an entire day or something. But no, today's still Sunday.

I'll be leaving in a little over an hour to fly to Scottsdale. I booked a hotel with shuttle service so I don't have to deal with that little battle. I need to keep my stress level low, Tuesday is going to be one hell of a day. Physically I'll be going through some major trauma, mentally I'll be calm/pleased with it. My body needs to be close to 100%.

One other thing. I've woken up every day for the last 4 or 5 days with one of my nostrils stuffed up. I think the extreme amounts of vitamin C (more than 2000% US RDA) I've taken has been supressing what could have been a nasty cold that may have been able to really screw up my plans. I'm glad I started taking it.

1 comment:

  1. Th entire journey is stressful on both mind, body and soul. It's easy to simply believe having your body at 100% would be the primary requirement, but your emotional state and health has a very strong effect on your recovery process too. Do what you can to keep your stress level as low as possible and take care of your physical self as much as possible.
    If you have a cold, let Dr. M and your gas passer know ahead of time so they can make the required adjustments. Have a nice trip..It will be over in a blink of your eye. Once they close for surgery, they open again, it's all done.

    ReplyDelete