Tuesday, March 31, 2009

T-minus 2h 30m. My last pre-op post.

It's time. I'm about to leave the hotel and walk to Greenbaum. It's only a couple blocks away from this hotel so I do have time to blog. The bowel stuff is more or less done, though I think I might have to check that once more at the hospital. I just took 2x 200mg Celebrex which is some kind of painkiller. I'm a bit on the nervous side but not even as much as I was just a week ago. That's really surprising to me. Everyone's different but you heard it here: getting yourself prepared mentally early on does help. I know this is uncharacteristic of me -- it's especially weird because I'm alone so I'm providing most of my own emotional support. Major surgery and the risks therein are ahead but I'm not all that bothered. Hrm.

Anyway, for obvious reasons this'll be my last blog as a pre-op even though I still have a couple waking hours left in me. I'm going to write down little bloglets on a piece of paper (if possible) of my experiences in the hospital -- as much as I can anyway. The rest will have rely on memory.

And you know what, call it premature but I'm going to do the thank-yous now. I won't name names because I'm trying to maintain the group's, and my own, privacy, but I want to thank the group for pretty much everything. I'd never have this day if I never met you. I want to thank a certain brave lady who helped me out to begin with at a younger age, ultimately getting me nearly the best realistic results in the long one. I want to thank another wonderful woman who introduced me to the group, and I want to thank the group for putting up with years of my awkwardness before I finally started getting the income and the maturity to make the best of my situation. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment