Monday, March 30, 2009

T-minus 14 hours. Better move this laptop to the bathroom...

And so begins the bowel treatment. At 5:30pm I drank an entire 10oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate. It sounds worse than it really is. It's a flavored laxative liquid beverage, and while it tastes fine, it's unbelievably sour. A couple gulps and my lips pucker up. At 6:00pm, 7:00pm, 8:00pm, and 9:00pm I'll be having 8oz of water. 9:00pm is also when I have to insert the suppository. Eww. I said this blog would be uncensored but I'll try to minimize the details of that.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the stuff is sour, just wait until the rest of this process happens. If you're doing the sup at 9:00 PM, be ready to stay up most of the night developing a closer relationship with Mr. John. Had I known you're going to start this nee late afternoon, I would have advised against this regardless of what Mr. M's office recommends. It's based on previous experience. I did not sleep well night before surgery anyway for a host of reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really expect to sleep much anyway...

    ReplyDelete