Friday, December 25, 2009

Uh...ew...

I've read other Meltzer patients' blogs and information pages about SRS, but I never really read much about labiaplasty until today, and that explains what I saw when I went to dilate. In a nutshell, it is: WTF?

What I see is one big colorful mix of various stages of swelling, bleeding, and hopefully not infection. I'm definitely going to schedule an appointment with my GYN for a week or two from now, because I'm not really sure how I'll identify problems if they arise. Supposedly the sheet says to resume dilation 3 days after surgery, which I read in the literal sense (22-23, 23-24, 24-25...3 days!) but sometimes they really mean 4. Since it won't kill me to wait another day or two, and I already got "dilated" by Dr. Meltzer's speculum when he looked for granulation tissue, I'll put it off until the 27th.

Not to mention, I can't even figure out where the dilation is supposed to go in. The vulva is just one big ugly swollen mess of...WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment