Friday, December 25, 2009

More notes!

So aside from all the ew's of day three, I noticed two things...I can now tell where the telltale SRS scar will be. I see it stitched up on me, and I've seen it in another post-LP pic. Luckily, scars take more than 4 months to heal, so it probably won't be so noticible in a year.

The other thing is, all grossness aside, it looks way more correct now than it did pre-op. I guess that's mainly because I had so much extra skin. I'm a little worried about it healing with asymmetry, as the left side is more swollen than the right. Only time will tell.

So as for my physical state, because I've been painkiller free since day 1 post-op, I'm pretty much at full capability. I could drive (albeit painfully), I can do physical tasks that don't strain my midsection, and I'm fully lucid. I can't really use this as a slam against painkillers in general, as I'm a sufferer of chronic headaches (and had to stop taking my headache medicine 3 weeks pre-op) and I had some horrific pain after the BA/Vaginoplasty, but I'm now thinking: avoid them if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment