Monday, December 21, 2009

Labiaplasty

Haven't written in forever, but not really much to write about.

I'm now in Scottsdale, 5 hours from a hospital visit for the step two Labiaplasty. I don't know how people can not want this step, though I can understand why people might financially decide to skip out on it. It's not going to be as game changing as step one Vaginoplasty was, but it'll be nice for everything to look normal.

There's three reasons for my visit this time around:
  • Need clitoral hood, which is a normal reason for the LP

  • Labia majora badly needs tweaking. There's too much of it -- it droops.

  • Unrelated to the LP itself, but my GYN wasn't able to stop the granulation tissue from growing inside the vagina. (which means that I see red every time I dilate, and left unchecked it can be a serious problem)


The hardest part of this trip, honestly, is waking up at 5am, with a late-pushed internal clock and losing an hour from west coast to Arizona. I expect little sleep, and I'm thankful we live in an age where it's easy to set up three alarms -- one of them is bound to wake me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment