Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Post-labiaplasty

Well, here's the experience:

  • Go to hospital, do paperwork, minor physical, then go to the bed -- same as before.

  • A few nurses come by, chat, explain that it'll be local anesthesia with sedation. I take some pills to relax. (I forget precisely what they are, but I didn't need the blood pressure dropper because mine is naturally on the lower end of the spectrum)

  • Dr. Meltzer comes by, I point out my primary concerns.

  • I get wheeled away into a room with large lights (1-1.5 feet in diameter) pointing at where my bed is situated. I move from one bed to another.

  • I go in and out of consciousness, spending part of my time in dreamland, only to wake up occasionally, continuing dream conversations in real life, then quickly realizing I'm in the middle of surgery. I have mild sensations of the surgery going on as it happens. I think I briefly felt a speculum within me, presumably for the granulation treatment. (which is step 1 cleanup, not related to the labiaplasty) I vaguely remember speaking to the sedation lady, but the details are about as fuzzy as most memorable dreams would be 24 hours later.

  • I briefly remember being wheeled into my recovery room and here I am now.

I wasn't as chipper the day after as I was post-SRS. I spent most of the rest of the day sleeping, occasionally interrupted by nurses or eating meals. I spent about 9pm-2am watching TV and parts of my video collection on my laptop, then went to sleep until 6am breakfast.

No complications. The area looks terrible, but not as bad as post-op pictures I've seen -- I guess not much had to be done. Haven't really needed much in the way of painkillers.

Now it's just the waiting game. Here's hoping that the fully healed region will look more or less normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment