Thursday, December 24, 2009

Labiaplasty, the list(s)

So I found out the list of what got done. It was short, but intensive:

  • The hood, obviously.

  • The extra skin was worse than I thought. I think Dr. Meltzer spent most of his time working on getting rid of the excess. It currently looks like there's too much there (lower part of the vulva), but I'd imagine the swelling would be worse there because so much surgery was done.

  • Urethra got moved down a bit. The difference was pretty noticible, but I already feel it's for the better. I had directional issues up until the LP, but now it seems smooth and clean.

  • Apparently the runaway granulation wasn't there anymore? Weird. I guess my GYN just happened to get it the last time I saw her, after missing parts of it beforehand. Seems I'll be prescribed something for the post-dilation bleeding...


So that's that. Now I just need to wait for it to heal. My simpler regimen includes:

  • Optional painkillers (Vicadin) but I don't seem to need them.

  • Bacitracin on the location of the incision, 3x a day.

  • Keflex (antibiotic) twice a day.

  • Arnica

No comments:

Post a Comment