Friday, May 15, 2009

Just a note on pre vs post sensation

I'm a natural born skeptic, I have a hard time believing anything I can't experience myself, including things that are to the political benefit of the T community. That said, here's something wicked cool that I keep forgetting to write down.

- Before surgery, I was able to pretty accurately mentally simulate many of the physical feelings of post-opness or normalcy, if I may. The sensations and the surface area of those sensations did not match the actual physical form of my body at the time.
- After surgery, on a larf I tried to focus and mentally simulate the pre-op sensations that I always identified as "wrong", and I couldn't. Even though I experienced them for 20something years, I couldn't map it out in my head.

How about that? Personally I see that as another layer of much needed validation. My brain was never wired for said annoying sensation and once the body bits were remapped (some gone altogether), not even a piece of it could be simulated mentally. I can still visualize it because it's stuck in my memories, but I can't feel it.

On another note, my dreams no longer have anything pertaining to post-opness/normalcy, but that's no surprise whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment