Monday, June 1, 2009

My first SRS complication!

yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay.

I now have fodder for future SRS complication oneupsmanship!
Ok, in reality it's a minor complication that according to my GYN, happens to 80% of SRS patients.

Apparently there was granulation in the graft area in the back of the vagina. Since what was the head of the penis got tossed out, except for part used for the glans clitoris, some internal tissue is grafted to close the vaginal canal. (which used to be the shaft) So when they're stitched together, it eventually heals, but sometimes it overheals, causing excessive tissue (granulation) to form. My GYN has to kill off the excessive tissue with sodium nitrite. (I think that was the chemical, not 100% certain)

So apparently this is why I had trouble reaching full depth when dilating. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment